- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
House of Hackney has made its first home, unsurprisingly, in its namesake borough – with an ambitious flagship store in the heart of Shoreditch. It’s one of the most gorgeous retail establishments to land in London in years – bedecked in the deliberately over the top juxtapositions of print-on-print-on-print that have made the brand’s name. The entrance to the store is filled with flora – luxury florists Wild at Heart have sublet the front of the shop and filled it with specially selected HoH flower selections. That rather sets the tone for the place, as things get even more flowery once you’re gliding across black polished floors, with Dalston rose wallpapers lined up cheek by jowl with palm prints, bee prints and more. All of House of Hackney’s beautiful print collections are here – represented upstairs in rolls of paper, fabric, trays, mugs, fashion and collaborative designs with brands like Puma. Downstairs you’ll find furniture – with generously proportioned sofas and plump armchairs in more-is-more combinations of print and texture. But House of Hackney isn’t just about hot-right-now prints – and their nods to local charms (see their Hackney Empire and Dalston Rose prints) extend to more than just names – products are made in England, and as far as possible in London.
House of Hackney has all the makings of a new Liberty – with whom they’ve already collaborated. This store is likely to become a stop-off destination for in the know fashion tourists from all over the world. Buy your future design classics now, we say.
Online Jobs in London, UK Search and find all latest Online jobs in England. Apply online with ukstreet.co.uk on all listed Online jobs in all major cities of United Kingdom. Street Maps editor partnering Free Classifieds Ads in the UK.
Online Jobs in London · Jobs in Kingston · Online Jobs in Epsom